New Projects Workshop, May 2017 (Archived)
In May 2017 the Darwin Initiative and IWT Challenge Fund hosted two events for new projects awarded under Darwin Round 23 and IWT Challenge Fund Round 3. These events were open to new grantees under all of the Darwin and IWT funding schemes, and were the first events to bring together both Darwin and IWT Challenge Fund projects.
Webinar: Finance, administrative and technical reporting
On 30th May, a webinar was held for new projects to introduce the financial and administrative reporting systems for new Darwin Initiative and IWT Challenge Fund projects. The aim of this webinar was to welcome newly funded projects, and provide advice and support relating to financial, administrative, and technical reporting for Darwin and IWT projects.
Workshop Session: M&E Plan and Communications Strategy
On 31st May, an in person workshop was held at the Zoological Society of London. The workshop content built on the previous day’s webinar and was focused on reporting, communications and lesson sharing for new projects. The aim of the workshop was to provide advice and support relating to project monitoring and evaluation and communications, and to provide a forum for projects to network with those working on similar topics and areas, to foster lesson learning.
- Proceedings, including Q&A from the webinar, can be accessed here.
- Webinar presentation
- Welcome and Introductions
- Developing an M&E plan
- Case Study 1 – Reducing Demand for Rhino Horn in Vietnam: Lessons Learned from the Chi Campaign
- Communicating Effectively
- Introduction to the Group Exercises
- Case Study 2 – Learning from current projects: lessons from recent Mid Term Reviews in Nepal and Belize
- Highlights and Wrap Up