The objective of the trip is to determine how a Darwin project could effectively support community-based conservation of sacred groves in Ghana and will be undertaken by Bryan Dickinson of WRL who was a member of GACON from 1989 to 1997.
The visit will involve several activities to:
- gather evidence to support learning from past experience to inform a new project;
- to assess any obvious changes in biodiversity from the baseline wildlife surveys;
- identify key current threats to the groves;
- consult with sacred grove management committees and
- define roles and activities for prospective project partners.