Poverty alleviation and sustainable development in Cape Verde’s biodiversity hotspots
FFI - Fauna and Flora International
Host Country Institutions:
• To understand Cape Verde’s legal and institutional contexts, conservation, and socio-economic needs; gather information on available ecological data to develop a conceptual model for the MPA establishment.
• To identify the human and financial resources necessary to support potential partnerships; identify the candidates for a multidisciplinary start-up team for the planning and establishment of MPA
• To understand views, impacts and livelihood support needs of local communities in Maio that might be affected by the establishment of MPA
• To establish a collaboration framework and perform capacity assessment of the main partner, FMB
• To develop a Darwin project concept in collaboration with main partners and in consultation with relevant stakeholders.