six main objectives:
1. To determine the Project target areas and gain preliminary understanding of the honey bee Apis mellifera races present
2. To appreciate the extent of current management practices, (e.g. controlled mating programmes, purchase of bees from external sources), and understanding of the role of honey bees within local livelihoods
3. To gain appreciation of existing interest and expertise in sustainable management of indigenous bees and their conservation status
4. To meet with all local partners, to achieve further shared understanding, and to arrive at a shared vision for our Project
5. To prepare an outline for the DI Project application with main purpose, outcomes, roles and costings agreed by all parties
6. To establish a firm communication platform and working relationship between partners, ensuring that future work, finalising the Project proposal and indeed implementing the future Project, can be achieved with optimum beneficial outputs, working in effective and accordant collaboration.