The OTCF project will provide scientific information required to underpin a conservation strategy. Specifically, this will include:
• a full breeding season survey (April - December 2012), the first since the hurricane;
• monitoring breeding success at a randomly selected subset of nests in representative habitats
• locating foraging sites and food, identifying key food species
• updating mapping resources (nests and foraging areas), potential available habitat, and existing and future threats to habitat;
• mapping stakeholders and undertaking a public opinion survey on parrot conservation, the pet trade, and attitudes toward parrots on plantations;
• identify capacity needs for the implementation of an integrated, up-to-date conservation plan.