Developing Community-based Manta Ray Ecotourism in Raja Ampat, Indonesia
Robert James Perryman
Host Country Institutions:
- To develop a collaboration with the State University of Papua (UNIPA), and links with local scientists and students in order to include these stakeholders in ongoing research.
- To meet with experienced local researchers at UNIPA, and discuss training opportunities for students there.
- To establish the potential for long-term project links to local communities.
- To survey local communities in order to gauge their reaction to our proposed work and address their needs and concerns.
- To meet and discuss plans with local ecotourism providers.