A landscape management model for conserving biodiversity in the Comoros
Host Country Institutions:
• Rapid appraisal of local agroforestry practices and farming systems and Dahari’s reforestation and agroforestry interventions to feed into the agroforestry component of the full project proposal;
• Facilitation of landscape management planning workshops with local communities and testing of participatory modelling tools that have potential for application during the full project;
• Assess capacity of community management bodies so as to propose a process of capacity building for the full proposal and potential exchanges;
• Review of Dahari’s monitoring and evaluation framework to feed into a proposed system for the full proposal to prove the impact of the work;
• Identify training and exchange opportunities for Dahari staff;
• Meetings with authorities to introduce the partner organisations, discuss relevant legislation and policy, and present the proposed project.