The Illegal Wildlife Trade (IWT) Challenge Fund is a sister grant scheme to the Darwin Initiative. Find out more about this fund here: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/illegal-wildlife-trade-iwt-challenge-fund
We held a workshop for all Stage 2 applicants to Round 5 of the IWT Challenge Fund on 9th November 2018. The objectives for the day were:
- To better understand Challenge Fund requirements and eligibility criteria
- To meet key IWT Challenge Fund people and understand their role
- Obtain help to develop a robust, implementable application
- To meet other IWT applicants and build links and networks
Below you can find copies of the presentations given on the day, as well as the group exercise document used by attendees during the practical sessions in the afternoon. The workshop proceedings outline some of the key discussions and questions asked.
- Introduction to the Workshop
- Welcome by the IWT Challenge Fund Secretariat
- Overview of Frequently Asked Questions/Common Issues
- IWT Advisory Group Presentation: What Makes a Good Application?
- The Importance of Gender in IWT Projects
- Communicating your Ideas
- Project Design Tools
- The Importance of Good Evidence and Appropriate Indicators