We held a workshop for all Stage 2 applicants to Round 6 of the IWT Challenge Fund and to Round 8 of Darwin Plus on 30th October 2019. The Illegal Wildlife Trade (IWT) Challenge Fund is a sister grant scheme to the Darwin Initiative. Find out more about this fund here: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/illegal-wildlife-trade-iwt-challenge-fund
The objectives for the day were:
- To better understand Darwin Plus and IWT Challenge Fund requirements and eligibility criteria
- To meet key Darwin/IWT people and understand their role
- Obtain help to develop a robust, implementable application
- To meet other Darwin Plus & IWT applicants and build links and networks
Below you can find copies of the presentations given on the day, as well as the group exercise document used by attendees during the practical sessions in the afternoon. The workshop proceedings outline some of the key discussions and questions asked.
- Introduction to the Workshop
- Welcome by the IWT/Darwin Secretariat
- Overview of Frequently Asked Questions/Common Issues
- The Importance of Gender and Safeguarding in IWT/Darwin Plus Projects
- What Makes a Good Application?
- Communicating your Ideas
- Project Design Tools and the Importance of Good Evidence and Appropriate Indicators