The objectives of this scoping award are to identify the stakeholders of the SLRE, to understand their needs and interests and to build support for a SEA and land use plan.
Activities, facilitated by CSSL with support from EJF will include:
• Meeting representatives of all key stakeholder groups e.g. community representatives and livelihood associations, the Environmental Protection Agency, Ministry of Fisheries and the private sector, in particular African Minerals.
• Undertaking stakeholder identification and analysis based on our meetings
• Meeting with development agencies (e.g. GEF, UNDP) and academic institutions (e.g. the Institute of Marine Biology and Oceanography, University of Sierra Leone) that may provide additional information, support and funding for the next stage.
• Stakeholder field trips to see existing /potential natural resource management conflicts.
• Discussion on who will lead and facilitate a land-use planning process.