Adapting to climate change in biodiversity hotspots: the Western Ghats
Dr Ian Bride
DICE - Durrell Institute of Conservation & Ecology
Applied Environmental Research Foundation - AERF
• Make contact and establish the basis for a positive working relationship with the principle organisation (AERF) and a full network of local stakeholders and other NGOs
• Delimit the project’s geographical area and, in collaboration with local stakeholders, establish the research aims, objectives and methods.
• Design and schedule a detailed programme of work
• Assess local capacity in terms of: existing datasets and other information available; access to learning resources (computing and other sources, including production facilities); human resource and skill availability; and, facilities for meetings and accommodation.
• Make an initial investigation of practical arrangements concerning future travel and accommodation, translation needs, electronic communication, heath and safety issues, cultural and political sensitivities.