Conservation of the Cerrados of Eastern Bolivia
Dr Rob Scotland
University of Oxford - Plants
Host Country Institutions:
Museo de Historia Natural, Herbario Nacional de Bolivia, Universidade de Brasilia, Fundacion para la Conservacion del Bosque Chiquitano
The identification of conservation priorities within the cerrado formations of the Chiquitano regions of Eastern Bolivia
1. Report to FCBC and Bolivian government detailing priority cerrados for conservation with map of hotspots, checklist of cerrado species with provisional conservation data, role of mesetas as refugia and assessment of impact of grazing.
2. A colour illustrated red data book of the endemic/endangered plants of the zone.
3. Information leaflets and posters on the flora and vegetation of the zone for public education.
4. At least 4 scientific papers related to the plants/vegetation of
the Bolivian cerrados
5. Enhanced capacity in botanical survey, conservation assessment, taxonomy
Related Projects: Plant Endemism of the Central Andean Valleys, Bolivia
, Guide to the cerrados of Eastern Bolivia