We held a workshop for all Darwin Initiative Stage 2 applicants to Round 24 on 9th January 2018. The objectives for the day were:
- To better understand Darwin funding requirements and eligibility criteria
- To meet key Darwin Initiative people and understand their role
- Obtain help to develop a robust, implementable application
- To meet other Darwin applicants and build links and networks
Below you can find copies of the presentations given on the day, as well as the group exercise document used by attendees during the practical sessions in the afternoon. The workshop proceedings outline some of the key discussions and questions asked.
- Welcome by the Darwin Secretariat
- Introduction to the Workshop
- Overview of Frequently Asked Questions/Common Issues
- Darwin Expert Committee Presentation: What Makes a Good Application?
- The Importance of Gender in Darwin Projects
- Communicating your Ideas
- Project Design Tools
- The Importance of Good Evidence and Appropriate Indicators