Developing Land Snail Expertise in South and Southeast Asia
Mr Fred Naggs
NHM - Natural History Museum, Zoology
Host Country Institutions:
Centre for Biological Conservation, Nepal, IUCN-SSC Pigs, Peccaries and Hippos Specialist Group, ATREE, Universiti Sans Malaysia (USM), Royal University of Phnom Penh, National University of Laos (NUOL), Wildlife Heritage Trust of Sri Lanka, Chulalongkorn University, Hanoi University of Science
East Asia, South Asia
India, Laos, Malaysia, Nepal, Thailand, Vietnam
To develop a long-term relationship between the NHM and Chulalongkorn University, establishing Chulalongkorn University as a regional centre of land snail expertise.
1. Illustrated species lists for six countries.
2. Field guides for six countries.
4. Compilation of national databases and regional database.
5. Publication of research papers.
and conservation strategies.
6. Dissemination of outputs on WWB and through media.
7. Build specimen reference collections.
8. Contribute material to Frozen Ark
Related Projects: Land snail biodiversity in Sri Lanka
, Land snails as models for biodiversity assessment in Sri Lanka