Conserving Coral Reefs Through Community Ownership and Enterprise in Indonesia
Host Country Institutions:
LEAD - Indonesia, WWF - Indonesia, MAC - Marine Aquarium Council, Yayasan Pilang
Conservation of threatened marine biodiversity of Bali Barat National Park and neighbouring buffer zone, through a participatory approach of developing an integrated coastal management plan and establishing a sustainable fishery enterprise — based on MAC standards.
1. 150 Community members trained in techniques for sustainable fishery management.
2. Research: Ecological & resource stock data gathered and analysed
3. Livelihoods of Communities enhanced.
4. Communities better able to engage in participatory dialogue with local government and other stakeholders
5. Dissemination of Project results and lessons learned