Tool-kits for the Sustainable Management of Ghana's Riverine Biodiversity
Professor Edward Maltby
University of Liverpool
Host Country Institutions:
University of Ghana, CSIR - Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, Centre for African Wetlands - CAW, Ghana Wildlife Society
The sustainable management of Ghana’s riverine wetlands in accordance with the principles of the Ecosystem Approach
1. Training workshops held for staff.
2. Range of educational and taxonomic resources produced.
3. A nested set of indicators of ecosystem health produced.
4. A report on current status of aquatic communities in Ghana
5. Policy document on the application of the EA in the management of Ghana’s rivers
Related Projects: The Darwin Southeast Asian Wetland Restoration Initiative, Vietnam
, Melaleuca Wetlands Project (AKA 04-073)